Welcome to Shiralee Clydesdales
Early in morning, when all is calm - you can hear a distant whinny, or gentle blow of the nostrils - but come feed time, it's the thundering of hooves and neighing of 'good morning' when the feed buckets are being collected!! From humble beginnings in 1993, my passion for the heavy horses started to become a reality with my first purchase - Kuldene Judith.
Every day we try to work towards experiencing my dream life - of watching, playing with and teaching our clydesdale horses. This is truely our hearts desire. Today we, Rod & Lynda Erwin, with my daughter Bethany Matschoss and her partner Matt Jones are building our dream clydesdale heard.
We try to keep our horses in suitably sized groups, in paddocks that have ample tree shade to provide shelter from the elements in winter and summer.
Our aim is to share the love and passion we have for these beautiful horses with the public, through carriage hire, fete's fairs and ultimately our own working farm come tourist park.
We are determined to make our dreams our reality!
I have specificately tried to source brood mares that are descended from the more recently introduced imported lines, and introduce the older lines with our stallions.
Our Vision is Coming to life....
Carriage Hire - We opened our passion to the public by registering horses and horse drawn vehicles as a carriage business, and now offer our horses and vehicles to your special occasions.
- Blacksmiths Shop - Plan to build and equip a fully functioning blacksmiths store, so far so good - all equipment has been purchased, now to build the shed to set it up in.
- Wheelwright shed - Plan to build and equip a fully functioning wheelwrighting facility to build orginal wheels for carriages, buggies, sulkies etc. Some of the equipment has already been purchased, and the shed will attach to the Blacksmiths store.
- Milking Shed - While building the above, we might as well have a milking shed.
- Coach Building - to offer carriage, sulky & wagon repairs.
Stage Three .. 2016 -17
- A fully functioning Working Farm without tractors / Tourist Park.... more details coming soon.
We have been providing quality pure bred and cross bred clydesdales to Enthusiasts, Clydesdale Breeders, Cattle Stations and Warmblood Studs since 1993.